2018 Interior Renovations
At the recent CCE Annual Meeting the Board along with the designers from Details Design presented the design for renovating our common areas (lobbies and hallways). The designs reflect the mid-century architecture of our building interiors and create an up to date and appropriate environment using materials that endure over time.
After interviewing 3 design firms the Board selected Details Design, who has 17 years of experience and whose design ideas fit within our budget. The renovations will be completed one building at a time enabling us to smooth out any issues that arise and minimize inconveniences to residents. As with other major projects, residents will be informed of work in their building during the project.
This project will be funded by CCE’s Reserve Fund. There will not be an assessment for Owners.
We are very excited about this upgrade and would appreciate your input by January 14.
The design boards will be on display in the lobbies for your review:
In Building 3: January 3-6
In Building 2: January 7-10
In Building 1: January 11-14
About the design selections:
- Because each lobby’s marble tile is a different color, the fabric selections for the chairs will be appropriate.
- Lobby furniture and lighting will be replaced: 2 chairs, side table, long console table, mirror, new artwork, new plant containers and new chandeliers.
- Lobbies will also have accessories to make them look more welcoming.
- Brighter wallpaper will replace the current wallpaper on the top part of the 3 back walls. The wallpaper border around unit doors will be removed.
- Walls will be painted in shades of warm gray.
- Carpet tiles will be used because they are much easier to clean and/or replace if damaged.
- The gray patterned carpet tile will be installed in the lobbies (replacing existing carpeted areas) and between the fire doors on each floor.
- The blue patterned carpet tile will be installed in the hallways.
Your input and questions are welcome. Please either call or bring them in writing to Nicole in the CCE Office (781-444-2222) or email: NRoy@thedartmouthgroup.com.
Be sure to include your address.
If you wish to be contacted, please include your name.
The Board of Charles Court East